Monday 7 November 2016

So what's been going on?

It was my intention to write this blog regularly after I started it in 2015.  However I also decided that I wanted to write a book about my diabetes journey.  So most of the spare time I've had to write has been devoted to that.  I've written 11 chapters so far.

The other thing that has happened is that since I reversed my diabetes I've had more energy and as a result have been able to take on more work.  This has meant less time for blogging!

The other reason for not writing more is that I now recognise how important it is to be more active and as my work sometimes requires me to sit at a computer for quite a long time, I am reluctant to spend more time sitting doing the blog!

However I feel that the time has come to get back to sharing some of my story via this blog and decided today to share some of the thoughts from my diaries as I made my gradual changes and discoveries.

The latest news about my diabetes is that I'm still in remission - my last HbA1c for those of you who know what that is was 41 (below 6%).

I'm still learning and it feels like I'm putting together lots of pieces of a big jigsaw.  There is a lot about diabetes in the media and on TV at present, some of which contains useful information but some of which I find unhelpful.  I don't support the 'scare tactics' used in some TV programmes because although I think people need to be aware of the consequences of undiagnosed and poorly managed diabetes I think what will motivate people more to make change is knowing that change is probably not as hard as they think.

So I hope to be posting more regularly although it will probably only be brief as I will be wanting to go out for a walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment